“Internet Has Only Just Begun, Say Founders”

The founders of the internet say the web has really just started and hasn’t reached its potential: ” Just 23 percent of the globe’s population currently uses the Internet…” That a lot of potential.  Right now only five percent of Africans surf the web. Access is expected to grow substantially with the increase of mobile access, as people will no longer need a computer to get to the internet.

Robert Cailliau, who developed the internet  in 1989 with Tim Berners-Lee, said he is surprised that search engines can still sort through all the data. But, of course, that is what makes the WWW so powerful — it’s the opportunity Google saw and ran with.

Once again, facts and current events like this make us think: What opportunities are out there? If only 23% of the world population is on the internet, what businesses can be built based on the needs of the other 77%, once they get online? Is their an angle here?

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

Related Advertised Products:

Comments are closed.